We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
Those who love fragrant juicy melon in summer and autumn will not refuse to pamper themselves with a delicacy in the form of jam in winter. It's easy to make melon and orange jam, and the extra tropical fruit flavor will bring you back to the warm, sunny summer.
Secrets of making aromatic melon jam
Fragrant melon jam can be prepared by combining this fruit with oranges, lemons, bananas, apples, and various spices. In doing so, you need to know the following:
- the melon is chosen fragrant, but slightly unripe, so that the slices do not immediately turn into a continuous mess, but remain intact;
- the orange, on the contrary, must be well ripe, then it will be sweet enough, and not sour;
- if you want the delicacy to be with dense slices of fruit, then it will take several days to prepare - it takes time to cool and soak the slices with syrup;
- in order to preserve lemon slices in the jam, you need to cut it thinly and put it in a saucepan 15 minutes before the end of cooking.
There are as many recipes for melon jam with orange and lemon as there are housewives preparing this dessert. Each of them supplements and changes it according to their wishes. But all of them can basically be divided into two groups:
- Without the use of water, based on the juice produced by the fruit. This cooking method is lengthy, although not laborious. The fruit slices will remain dense in it.
- With the addition of water, jam is prepared in almost one cooking. If the fruits are very ripe, then they can immediately become soft. Melon and orange jam according to this recipe will resemble jam.
Melon dessert attracts not only with its delicate sweet taste, but also with its benefits. After heat treatment, the fruit retains many useful components, in which it can even be compared with honey.
Warning! You should not get too carried away with this delicacy - due to the high sugar content, it becomes very high in calories.
Melon and Citrus Jam Recipes
Citruses can make the taste of a melon dessert more pronounced, thereby emphasizing its freshness and tenderness. If you add not only the inner content of oranges or lemons, but also their zest, then its bitterness will be felt. This taste can be adjusted as desired.
Melon jam with lemon for the winter
You will need the following ingredients:
- sugar - 700 g;
- melon pulp - 1 kg;
- lemon - 2 pcs.
- Prepare the melon - wash, cut, peel and remove seeds, cut into pieces of the desired size.
- Put the prepared mass in a saucepan for making jam.
- Sprinkle with sugar, shake slightly, set aside for 3 hours to extract juice.
- Bring to a boil, cook over low heat for 5-10 minutes.
- Turn off heat, leave for 8 hours to cool.
- Then reheat and keep on low heat for 5 minutes.
- Leave to cool.
- Wash the lemon, scald with boiling water, cut into thin slices.
- Add to the pan to the rest of the ingredients, heat and cook for a few more minutes.
Pour the prepared jam hot into previously prepared containers and close with a special twist.
Melon, orange and lemon jam
A blank for this recipe will contain:
- melon pulp - 1 kg;
- orange - 1 pc.;
- lemon - 0.5 pcs.;
- sugar - 600 g;
- water - 0.5 l.
You need to prepare a dessert with the addition of orange and lemon in the following order:
- Peel the melon from seeds and peel. Cut into small slices.
- Remove the peel from the orange. Grind it into wedges.
- Pour sugar into the water, put on the stove. Cook the syrup until all the sugar is dissolved.
- Squeeze the juice from half a lemon into the prepared syrup.
- Add prepared fruit pieces. Keep on fire for 15-20 minutes or until the desired thickness.
Melon, orange and lemon jam is ready, it can be laid out in jars or vases.
Advice! The orange is sweeter than the lemon, so you can use less sugar in this recipe than in the lemon recipe.
Melon and orange jam for the winter
For cooking you need to take:
- sugar - 1 kg;
- melon pulp - 1.5 kg;
- oranges - 2 pcs.;
- water - 0.5 l.
The cooking process is as follows:
- Cut the melon into cubes of the desired size, place in a cooking bowl, pour 1 tbsp. Sahara. Set aside until juice appears.
- In a saucepan, boil the syrup from the remaining sugar and water.
- Pour the prepared syrup into a bowl with the prepared fruit, mix. Set aside for a day.
- Pour the syrup into a saucepan, boil. Pour the mass over them, let it brew for 10 hours.
- Peel the oranges, cut into slices of any size, add to the saucepan.
- Cook everything together over low heat until thickened.
The resulting dessert will be sweet with a delicate taste and a slight sourness from oranges.
Melon jam with citric acid
The citric acid in this recipe is added to enhance the flavor of the main fruit. Required components:
- melon pulp - 1 kg;
- granulated sugar - 500 g;
- citric acid - 15 g.
The sequence of actions in preparation:
- Put the chopped pieces of melon in a container, sprinkle with sugar, add citric acid and leave until the juice is released.
- Put the dishes on the fire so that the contents boil, hold for 5-7 minutes. Turn off the fire.
- After complete cooling, heat the mass again until it boils, cook for 7 minutes. Allow to cool completely.
- Boil the workpiece for the third time for 10 minutes.
- Pack into prepared dishes.
Melon, banana and lemon jam
When adding sweet bananas, it is better to reduce the amount of sugar so that the jam does not turn out sugary. The following products are required:
- prepared melon - 1.5 kg;
- bananas - 3 pcs.;
- sugar - 0.5 kg;
- juice of one medium lemon.
Cook according to the instructions:
- Sprinkle slices of chopped melon with sugar, refrigerate for 12 hours.
- Add chopped bananas, lemon juice. Cook over low heat for about an hour.
For canning for the winter, put in prepared glass jars and roll up the lids.
Thick melon and lemon jam for the winter
This jam can rightfully be a real delicacy both in taste and in the composition of the ingredients:
- melon - 1 kg;
- large lemon - 1 pc.;
- light honey - 125 g;
- peeled almonds - 60 g;
- cardamom - 12 stars;
- gelatinous additive zhelfix or gelin - 2 sachets.
- Grind half of the prepared melon in a blender to a gruel consistency.
- Cut the other half into pieces, combine with mashed potatoes.
- Peel the lemon, chop, add to the melon.
- Chop the cardamom in a coffee grinder, chop the almonds with a knife. Combine with fruit slices.
- Add honey to the total mass.
- Put the saucepan on the stove, let the mixture boil. Reduce heat, skim if formed.
- Mix gelatin with a small amount of sugar (1-2 tbsp. L.) And 6 minutes before the end of cooking, pour into a bowl with boiling jam. To stir thoroughly.
In addition to the fact that an unusually tasty and thick jam with lemon will turn out, it can still be cut into briquettes, like marmalade.
Melon and orange jam for the winter with vanilla aroma
This recipe is for those who love the taste of vanilla. Have to take:
- melon - 1.5 kg;
- granulated sugar - 0.6 kg;
- medium-sized orange - 2 pcs.;
- a pinch of citric acid;
- vanilla to taste.
Cook as follows:
- Wash the melon, peel and seed, cut into cubes.
- Scald the oranges, cut with the peel, combine with the melon in a bowl for making jam.
- Add sugar to fruit, stir, leave until liquid appears (4 to 6 hours).
- Keep on low heat until sugar dissolves (15 minutes).
- Leave the jam to cool completely.
- Then boil again for 15 minutes and remove for 4-5 hours.
- Add vanilla and citric acid.
- Cook until cooked over low heat.
When the jam has cooled down, you can treat your guests. For preparation for the winter, it is laid out while still hot in dishes prepared for storage.
Terms and conditions of storage
So that the work does not go to waste, and the melon jam with oranges and lemons is preserved for a long time, you need to observe a number of storage rules.
If it is not possible to store the workpiece at a low temperature (in the refrigerator, cellar or on a warmed loggia), then you need to put the hot jam in glass jars and close it with sterilized lids.
In this case, the jam will remain anywhere for as long as necessary. For example, in a warm closet on a shelf.
When you plan to eat it in the near future, you don't have to think about how to sterilize the jars and lids. You just need to let the dish cool down, put it in a regular dish and put it in the refrigerator. There it can be stored for several months.
The shelf life of melon jam is largely dependent on the sugar content. The more it is, the longer the product will not deteriorate. But at the same time, a large amount of sugar drowns out the melon flavor and makes the dish too sweet.
The terms and conditions of storage of melon jam do not differ from the storage of other similar blanks.
Melon jam with orange has only recently appeared on the tables of Russians. The desire to taste the aromatic delicate taste on cold winter evenings and surprise dear guests prompted the hostesses to try to preserve the melon in such an unusual version for Russian regions - with orange and lemon. And it turned out to be easy. You just need to choose the recipe and combination of ingredients that you like the most.