We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
The older generation knows the real taste of Krakow sausage. Among the huge assortment of meat products produced in the territory of the former USSR, it is almost impossible to find a similar composition, the only way out is to cook the product yourself. Krakow sausage is prepared quickly at home, and its taste compares favorably with the products presented on store shelves.
How to cook Krakow sausage at home
For the manufacture of a product at home, only fresh raw materials of good quality are taken. You will need lean meat - pork, beef, as well as lard or fatty part of the pork carcass. You also need to take care of the casing for stuffing, it can be purchased at the butcher's shop.
To get a real Krakow taste, the dosage of ingredients and spices indicated in the recipe is strictly observed. Table salt is not used, it is replaced with food nitrate, which increases the shelf life.
General technology for the production of Krakow sausage
Making Krakow sausage at home is not difficult if you follow the technology. Prepared only from chilled meat.
Important! During operation, the temperature of raw materials should not exceed +10 0FROM.
Pre-lean ingredients are salted, observing the dosage, and left for 24-36 hours. Beef is processed on a fine grinder grill, lean pork - on a large one. The bacon is cut into pieces.
Products are dried, then heat treated with steam. The product is smoked in a cold way. Then they erode for about three days.
The classic recipe for homemade Krakow sausage
To prepare Krakow sausage at home, you will need:
- lean pork from the back of the carcass - 500 g;
- lean beef of the highest grade - 500 g;
- bacon - 250 g.
You will also need spices:
- black pepper and allspice - 1 g each;
- sugar - 1 g;
- dried, ground garlic - 2 g.
For preliminary salting, a mixture of nitrite and edible salt is taken in equal parts with the calculation of 20 g per 1 kg.
The recipe for getting Krakow sausage at home:
- The hymen and veins are removed from the meat, cut into 5x5 cm cubes.
- Sugar is added to the salt, mixed well with meat, put in the cold for salting for 48 hours.
- Fat is molded into cubes 1 * 1 cm in size and placed in a freezer for 2-3 hours.
- The beef is processed into minced meat using a grid with 3 mm cells.
- Pork is passed through an electric meat grinder with a large attachment.
- The minced meat is combined, spices are added and mixed well until fibers appear, about 10 minutes. manually or 5 min. mixer.
- Add chopped bacon, mix and leave in the refrigerator for 1 hour.
- For the preparation of Krakow sausage at home, lamb or pork intestines are used.
- If the casing is natural, it is removed from the package, soaked in cold water for 15 minutes. and rinsed thoroughly.
Sausage cooking technology at home:
- Using a special stuffing syringe or a nozzle for an electric meat grinder, the shell is filled.
- Tie the ends together to make a ring.
- Inspect the surface, if areas with air appeared during the work, they are pierced with a needle.
- The semi-finished product is suspended for 4 hours for upsetting. This must be done in a cool room or in a refrigerator, the temperature should not be higher than +4 0FROM.
- Before hot working, the workpieces are left warm for about 6 hours.
If at home there is smoking equipment with a drying function, proceed as follows:
- The rings are hung on hooks in the smokehouse.
- Place the temperature probe in one of the rings, set the mode to +60 0C, hold until the probe shows +40 inside the product0FROM.
- Then use the pre-drying mode. To do this, set the regulator to +900C, leave until + 60 0C on the dipstick.
- Water is poured into a tray specially provided by the device and Krakow sausage is left at +80 0C, until the inside warms up to +70 0FROM.
- Then immediately placed in a container with cold water for about 10-15 minutes.
- The rings are allowed to dry, smoked at home at +350 From about four o'clock.
Krakow sausage is hung in a room with good air circulation for ventilation
Krakow sausage recipe according to GOST USSR
According to GOST, the recipe for Krakow sausage provides for the percentage of components from the total mass:
- trimmed beef, lean - 30%;
- pork leg - 40%;
- pork belly - 30%.
The brisket should be 70% fat.
Spices that are necessary for 1 kg of raw materials for Krakow sausage according to GOST:
- black pepper - 0.5 g;
- allspice - 0.5 g;
- sugar - 1.35 g;
- ground dried garlic - 0.65 g;
- salt - 20 g.
A mixture is made from spices and added during the processing of the main raw materials.
Sausage production technology at home.
- The ham and beef are cut into equal cubes.
- The workpiece is folded into the container, sprinkled with nitrite salt.
- Refrigerate for three days.
- The ham and beef are frozen and passed through an electric meat grinder with a fine grid.
- The brisket is cut into thin strips, then into cubes, it is not salted beforehand.
The pieces should be about 1 * 1 cm
- Fat blank is placed in the freezer for 1.5 hours.
- Then add lard and spices to the minced meat, mix for about 5 minutes.
- The resulting mass is placed in a refrigerator for 60 minutes.
- Prepare the shell: soak for a few minutes and rinse well.
- Fill a syringe with minced meat and stuff the intestines.
- After stuffing, the ends are tied together.
- Suspended in a room with a temperature of + 10-120From at 4 o'clock for precipitation.
- Krakow sausage is sent to the oven with a temperature of +90 0C, where they are kept for 35 minutes.
- Put a baking sheet with water on the bottom, lower the mode to +800C, leave for another 0.5 hour.
- Contrast treatment is carried out by placing the sausage in cold water for 10 minutes.
- The product is allowed to dry and refrigerated for 12 hours.
- They are treated with cold smoke for 4 hours and hung out for airing for three days.
Home-cooked Krakow sausage turns out to be dense, with fragments of fat on the cut
A simple recipe for Krakow sausage in the oven
In this version, homemade Krakow sausage is cooked in the oven without subsequent cold smoking.
- medium fat pork - 1.5 kg;
- beef - 500 g;
- pork brisket - 500 g;
- powdered milk - 1 tbsp. l .;
- sugar - 1 tsp;
- allspice and black - 0.5 tsp each;
- ground garlic - 1 tsp;
- cardamom - 0.5 tsp;
- nitrite salt - 40 g;
- water with ice cubes - 250 ml.
- The brisket is left in the freezer until solid.
- All meat is passed through an electric meat grinder with a coarse mesh.
- Powdered milk is mixed with spices, added to the minced meat.
- Water is poured into the raw material, kneaded thoroughly for 10 minutes.
- The finished minced meat is transferred to a container, closed and placed in the refrigerator for 24 hours. Then the mixture is loaded into a press with a special nozzle, on which the shell is put on.
- Turn on the unit for subsequent filling.
- The workpiece is connected with a ring, the ends are tied. The sausage is carefully examined, when areas of air accumulation are identified, the film is pierced with a needle.
- To dry out the rings, place them on a flat surface.
- Put the sausage on the oven grate, set the regulator to +80 0C. Sausage is baked so that the inside warms up to +70 0FROM.
- Then a mold with water is placed on the bottom and kept for another 40 minutes.
- The product is removed from the oven and immediately placed in ice water for 5 minutes.
- The liquid is drained and all moisture is removed from the surface with a napkin.
24 hours after drying, the homemade Krakow sausage is ready to eat
Homemade Krakow sausage recipe from 1938
The recipe for cooking the product at home is taken from the book by A.G. Konnikov, published in 1938. It contains unique recipes for sausages and meats, widely known in the USSR and the former CIS countries.
To prepare Krakow sausage at home, you will need:
- lean pork (back) - 1 kg;
- fresh beef - 750 g;
- fat pork belly - 750 g.
Spices for 1 kg of raw materials:
- ground allspice and black pepper - 0.5 g each;
- crushed garlic - 2 g;
- sugar - 1 g
Previously, the raw materials are subject to salting, in the recipe of 1938 food nitrate was used for this purpose, you can take a mixture of table salt and sodium nitrate (10 g per 1 kg of meat).
Nitrite curing mixture can be purchased in the retail network
Beef is passed through a fine grate, lean pork is processed in a meat grinder with a coarse mesh, fatty raw materials are cut into small pieces.
Attention! The brisket can be cut into ribbons so that later it is easier to separate it from the bulk for processing.
Sugar is added to the salt, the workpiece is placed in a container and poured with a mixture, mixed well and refrigerated for three days for salting.
Technology that will help you make Krakow sausage at home:
- They take out the salted workpiece from the refrigerator, separate it, remove the fat brisket from the total mass.
- A fine 3 mm grate is installed on the electric meat grinder and beef is passed through it.
- Lean pork is processed into larger fractions.
- The brisket is cut into thin strips of about 1.5 cm.
- Then all the raw materials are combined in one container, spices are added and mixed well. At home, this can be done manually or using a mixer.
- The casing for filling can be taken from natural intestinal pork or lamb, or replaced with collagen for ring sausages.
- As equipment for preparing the product at home, you will need a special syringe for filling. Minced meat is placed in it, a shell is put on and the process begins.
- All raw materials are processed, the casing can be cut into the necessary parts in advance and put one by one on the nozzle of the syringe or cut off in the process.
- The ends are tied.
- The products are inspected, if there are areas with air, the casing is pierced with a needle.
- Placed in the refrigerator for a day.
- The next day they take out, leave for 2 hours at room temperature, preheat the oven to +900 and the sausage is kept for 30 minutes.
- Lower the temperature to +80 0C, put a baking sheet with water on the bottom, steam treatment is carried out for 35 minutes.
- They are taken out of the oven, allowed to cool, during which time the surface will dry out.
- To smoke sausage at home, it must be placed on hanging hooks.
Suspended and placed in a smokehouse
Important! The process will take about 7-8 hours at a temperature of +350FROM.
In the context of home-cooked Krakow sausage, it turns out to be homogeneous with separate fragments of fat
Storage rules and periods
Store homemade Krakow sausage in the refrigerator or basement. The temperature regime should not exceed +6 0C. The shelf life of the product at a humidity of 78% is 14 days. Vacuum packing will extend this period to three weeks.
Krakow sausage at home is a delicious, environmentally friendly product without added preservatives. It is prepared only from high-quality fresh meat, spices are used in accordance with GOST. Therefore, at the exit, the taste of home-cooked sausage will not differ from the products that were produced during the Soviet era.