We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
Tomato Nadezhda F1 - this is how the breeders of Siberia called the new hybrid of tomatoes. The number of tomato varieties is constantly growing, plant species are being created that are more suitable for growing in the middle zone of our vast homeland and in areas where climatic conditions leave much to be desired. Tomato Nadezhda was created for growing in such conditions. It is frost-resistant, adapts well to dry periods, rarely gets sick and is very unpretentious in care. A distinctive feature is the small size of the fruit, which allows you to make winter harvesting of tomatoes in general. The skin of the fruit is thin, but strong, tolerates heat treatment well, does not crack.
Characteristics and description of the variety
Tomatoes of the Nadezhda variety are characterized by the following basic qualities and properties:
- it is possible to plant Nadezhda tomato seedlings both in greenhouses with heating and in open ground with a mandatory translucent coating in case of a sharp cold snap;
- the culture refers to tomatoes of an early period of the onset of fruiting;
- tomato variety Nadezhda is determinant, that is, a plant with limited growth, the height of the bush ranges from 60 cm to 1 meter;
- tomato bushes are voluminous due to the formation of a large number of stems, this will require the formation of a plant on trellises or supports;
- dark green, medium-sized leaves, need to be thinned out;
- brushes form 4-5 inflorescences, from which the corresponding number of tomatoes ripens;
- the fruits of tomatoes are medium-sized balls identical in size, the weight of one specimen is on average 85 grams, the skin of the tomato is glossy, at the beginning of ripening it is light green, and in fully ripe tomatoes it is bright red, the tomatoes are even and smooth, very attractive in appearance;
- the taste of Nadezhda tomatoes is excellent, the fruit is sweet, it contains many useful trace elements and vitamins;
- the storage periods of Nadezhda tomatoes are long, they tolerate transportation well, the percentage of losses in this case is insignificant;
- tomatoes Nadezhda, according to gardeners, are universal in use, fresh fruits, salted, pickled, they are equally tasty in salads and sauces, any most fastidious gourmet will not refuse juices made from these tomatoes;
- crop yield is above average, from 1 m2 plantings, you can collect up to 5-6 kilograms of tomatoes, this value will increase if you provide the tomatoes with proper care and follow all the rules of agricultural technology.
Tomato Nadezhda F1 is picky about the soil, so all activities for its preparation should be started a month before planting seedlings, or these works should be carried out in the fall. It is imperative to fulfill agrotechnical requirements in this process, the yield of tomatoes and their technical indicators largely depend on the composition of the soil: presentation, shelf life, transportability.
How to prepare the soil in a greenhouse or open beds
Let's dwell on this issue in more detail, since Nadezhda's tomatoes need soil prepared in accordance with all the rules of technology. For an illustrative example, we have posted here several photos and videos where you can see how experienced gardeners do this on their plots:
- In the fall or spring, a month before planting the seedlings in the ground, they carefully dig up the ground, remove the roots of weeds and other small debris: twigs, pebbles, chips, plant remains.
- A week or a little earlier, a complex fertilizer is applied, and again they dig up, loosen the soil.
For 1 sq. m, 2 buckets of organic fertilizer are enough, consisting of equal parts of leaf humus and manure. If you have little organic matter in stock, add it directly to the holes, at the rate of 0.5 kg per hole. Mix the soil in the wells with an organic additive. Potash-phosphorus mixtures or special additives for tomatoes are used as mineral fertilizers. They are brought in before digging the site, one 200 g glass per 1 sq. m.
Nitrogen-containing mixtures should not be added if organic fertilizers have been applied in sufficient quantities. An excess of nitrogen enhances the development of all aboveground parts of the plant, which leads to the formation of extra stems and leaves, and almost no fruit ovaries are formed.
- If necessary, soil disinfection is carried out. To do this, the soil in the holes is shed with water and special chemical and biological agents are added: Fitosporin, Trichodermin, Glinokladin.
- Tomato Nadezhda does not like acidified soils. You can check the acidity level using litmus strips of paper that are sold in stores. The normal value for planting tomatoes should be in the range of 6-7 units on a single scale. By watching the video at the end of the article, you will know how to do it in practice.
The soil for the tomatoes is ready, after 7-10 days you can start planting seedlings in the ground.
With the arrival of warm spring days, it is time to plant seedlings. This happens at the end of May or at the very beginning of summer, when the threat of frost has passed and the soil warms up enough. Prepare a film cover immediately in case of a sudden drop in temperature. At night during this period, it is also recommended to cover the plantings with foil, at night the temperature is still too low for young tomato growth.
Seedlings can be planted in the greenhouse a little earlier, in April - May, where the air warms up much earlier under the sun's rays and the space is protected from cold winds.
The technology of planting tomatoes Nadezhda is the same for greenhouses and open ground:
- dig holes 15-20 cm deep at a distance of at least 0.5 meters from each other;
- carefully release the seedling from the seedling container;
- place the seedlings together with an earthen clod so that the clod does not disintegrate; it is better to moisten it before cutting;
- cover the seedlings with earth, making a small embankment around the hole so that the water does not spread in different directions;
- pour abundantly with warm water, wait until the moisture is absorbed;
- mulch the seedling with peat, sawdust or dark PVC film.
In the evening, cover the beds, with the planted seedlings, with a film to create a comfortable temperature at night, during the day it can be removed.
Tomato Nadezhda F1, according to gardeners, is easy to care for, but after planting seedlings, one should not completely forget about them, one should constantly take care and take care of the plants, this will guarantee high yields and ensure the healthy development of seedlings. The usual requirements for caring for tomatoes must be followed:
- Watering tomatoes - 1-2 times a week, in case of persistent drought - much more often (daily), or when the topsoil dries up.
- Weed removal - regularly.
- Loosening the soil for better aeration - if it is necessary or impossible to irrigate regularly.
- Prevention and control of pests - if necessary.
- Garter and bush formation - as the plant grows.
Gardeners perform these works every day, not only tomatoes grow in their gardens, all plants require care, therefore, the implementation of such work for the gardener is not burdensome and simple. Passionate amateur gardeners are ready to spend whole days on their plots, care for already planted crops or experiment with new varieties such as the Nadezhda tomato.
Reviews of experimental gardeners
Very little time has passed since the appearance of Nadezhda tomato seeds on sale, but many curious plant breeders have already tried this variety in their gardens and greenhouses. Today they are ready to share their experience with our readers:
Ivan, 44 years old, Tyumen
I liked the name of the variety, Nadezhda is encouraging. I planted several bushes of this tomato for testing. I bought ready-made seedlings. The result is pleasing. The tomatoes are medium in size, but even, identical, beautiful. The yield is also commendable. From one garden bed 2x6 meters I collected about 6 buckets (a seven-liter bucket). The variety is excellent for our climate, it has time to ripen during our short summer.
Veronica, 29 years old, Izhevsk
I bought seeds of tomatoes of the Nadezhda F1 variety through an online store. She grew seedlings herself. Out of 15 seeds, 10 sprouted, 8 grew remarkably, and 2 wilted, I don't know why. I planted these 8 seedlings in a greenhouse, I did not dare to plant them in the garden. I liked the result, and the shape of the fruits (beautiful) and their number for the whole season (from 1 bush - about 2 buckets). It tastes like an ordinary tomato, but in seamers for the winter - beauty: they do not crack, they fit freely into any jars, the taste is also excellent.
Claudia, 38 years old, Cheboksary
My assessment of the tomato Nadezhda is excellent. In it, all my wishes regarding tomatoes have come true. Beautiful fruits, excellent harvest, resistance to cold and drought is above normal. In the last cold summer, many of my tomatoes died, but he survived, only one bush wilted, but over time he recovered and formed ovaries.
Tomatoes Nadezhda are not yet known to a wide circle of garden plant lovers, but the process of their distribution is already rapidly going on: via the Internet, exchange between neighbors, rare cases of purchase on free sale.