The post is bluish-gray: is it possible to eat, photo

The post is bluish-gray: is it possible to eat, photo


We are searching data for your request:

Forums and discussions:
Manuals and reference books:
Data from registers:
Wait the end of the search in all databases.
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.

Postia bluish-gray is a fungus of the Fomitopsis family, which mainly grows on dead conifers. It is important to figure out what it looks like, where you can see whether it is worth eating or not, what measures need to be taken in case of poisoning and how to provide first aid to the victim. Other names for the bluish-gray postia are blue-gray postia, bluish-gray postia, bluish-gray oligoporus.

Where do the posts grow bluish-gray

Blue-gray posts are a family of mushrooms that grow on conifers and larch trees. They can often be seen on dead wood, fallen branches and in the forest. Unlike other varieties, they cause a brown rot. They grow in summer and autumn from July to November on the following trees:

  • willow;
  • alder;
  • hazel;
  • beech;
  • fir;
  • spruce;
  • larch.

They predominantly settle on dead trees and branches in groups. Unlike other plants and fungi, they have unusual characteristics.

What do the posts look like bluish-gray

Bluish-gray posts - mushrooms with caps and legs. Legs may be invisible, but they are always present. The hat is half-shaped, fleshy and soft. In length reaches from 3 to 6 cm. Often fuses with the leg as it develops.

Mushrooms are white, at the corners of the cap are painted in blue, green or yellowish colors. If the fruit body is strongly squeezed, the pulp will change color.

Immature species have a bristly edge. As it develops, the edge is exposed, the skin becomes smooth. The taste is insipid. The pulp smells good, like a porcini mushroom or a boletus. The structure under the cap is tubular, gray, blue or white, depending on maturity (the color brightens with age). The pores are angular and irregular. The length of the hymenophores is large, the surface is jagged with uneven edges, and has a pleasant mushroom aroma.

Is it possible to eat bluish-gray posts

Posties are mushrooms, which many reference books classify as inedible. However, they do not contain toxic and poisonous substances. The flesh is tough and, if cooked properly, the mushrooms may not be dangerous. But experienced mushroom pickers do not recommend risking health, and are advised to completely abandon the use.

How to distinguish between bluish gray posts

There are three types of posts: astringent, bluish-gray and flat tinder fungi. The binders have large white caps. An important feature is a large accumulation of water and bubbles on the surface, "crying". They are similar in appearance to the fractured aurantioporus from the Boletov family, but they have a more rounded and oblong shape. Compared to other types of mushrooms of this type, they have a softer structure, a sharp and rich mushroom aroma. The astringent variety can often be seen on apple trees with aspens. It forms on fallen branches and causes rot.

Tinder fungus is flat - a porcini mushroom with a fluffy, furrowed hat. Like other species, he loves wood, in particular larch. Unlike postia, it has no legs and a bluish tint. It also causes white rot on plants. It does not grow in October and April.

Postia bluish-gray - a mushroom with a stem, a half-cap, soft flesh and blue spots. The young mushroom has a lowered cap, older specimens are rounded. In color, it even approaches green and yellow.

Attention! All of these varieties are not recommended for use from a medical point of view. They can cause severe poisoning, and death in children.

Poisoning symptoms

Like all inedible and semi-edible mushrooms, bluish and gray-tinged posts can cause severe poisoning with nausea and vomiting. Dizziness, pain in the temples, and weakness are noted as symptoms. In some cases, there may be a high fever and a severe allergic reaction in the form of redness, peeling of the skin and burns of the mucous membrane. A lethal outcome is possible in children under 5 years of age when consumed in large quantities.

First aid for poisoning

In case of poisoning, be sure to call an ambulance or go to the hospital on your own. Before the doctor arrives, you need to go to bed and do a gastric lavage with plenty of drink and induce vomiting or a laxative with an enema. You should also stop taking other medications to avoid overdose before medical intervention. In order for the doctor to be able to clarify the diagnosis upon arrival, all the mushrooms must be preserved. Only in this case is a quick cure possible.

Conclusion

Posttia bluish-gray is an inedible mushroom with a rigid structure. The mushroom has a beautiful relief surface with a blue border and grows on conifers in the forest belt. It differs from other mushrooms in its unusual color and the presence of a small stalk.


Watch the video: Best Gray and Blue Bedroom Ideas and Photos to Swoon Over